Monday, July 18, 2011

Raffle for MS (Multiple Sclerosis)





On September 23, 2011, I will be walking in the 3-day, 50 mile Challenge Walk for MS. I have never participated in a walk like this before and am excited (and nervous) to do so. This walk hits home for me because my mother has MS and has had it for the past 31 years. Fortunately for my mother, she has Relapsing Remitting MS (RRMS). During this form of the disease, patients tend to experience an attack or series of attacks (exacerbations) followed by complete or partial remission. Some days are harder for my mom than others. My mom has been doing wonderfully for the past 31 years but others are not as fortunate.


In order for me to participate in the walk, I need to raise $2500 by September 7th. Since I have a nice following of people interested in my jewelry, I've decided to raffle off a $100 gift certificate for $5. You can enter as many times as you like to increase your chances of winning. Each entry will cost $5. ALL the money will go to MS.  


You can enter by making a donation at: http://main.nationalmssociety.org/goto/janessa.gruby. After you've made your donation to the MS site, just leave a comment on this page with your name so you can be entered in the raffle. Your donation to the MS site is 100% tax deductible. Each $5 increment made will earn you a raffle ticket. Winner will be chosen on August 18th @ 9pm (PST) 


Thank you for your support! 

9 comments:

  1. Good luck Mrs. Gruby =]

    Molly Gardner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Janessa - I just donated $20 and support you all the way. Great job and good luck on your walk!

    Deann Nielsen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I could help the cause, and possibly win a prize too! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janessa, I just donated $25 on your behalf for a great cause.

    Thanks,
    Tiffany McVickar

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have donated regardless! Thanks for walking for such a great cause.

    Katherine Hooper

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be needing another set of cufflinks as soon as Sebastian is old enough... or maybe I should splurg on myself ;) Great idea! I hope you exceed your goal! - Heather Graves

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for doing this Janessa! Great cause and GREAT prize. The mother of a dear friend suffered through MS for years. I just donated!

    Jennifer Ocheltree

    ReplyDelete
  8. Made my donation! :)


    Kristina Lorenzini

    ReplyDelete