Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Love Ashley

I'm not sure how many of you know this but I work with my friend, Zoe, to provide fingerprint charms to families who have had a child pass away while in the PICU at Rady Children's Hospital in San Diego.


Zoe's niece, Ashley, was tragically killed in a car accident January 2010. She spent 12 days in the PICU at Rady's before passing. After her death, I gave Zoe and Ashley's family fingerprint charms to remember Ashley by. Zoe was so touched by this that she wanted to be able to give other families the gift of charms as well. I donate my time and talent while Zoe raises money for the purchase of supplies and materials. Each family receives 2 penny sized prints. 


Today I worked on finishing up charms for the families of 7 children. These are always so difficult for me to do but I know that the families appreciate the gift.



Zoe and I are always looking for donations to cover supplies and materials. If you are interested in donating, please contact me. 

1 comment:

  1. Janessa - You are an amazing and generous friend. Thank you for taking this journey with me.

    Love, Zoe

    ReplyDelete